Integrated rural development project -Sompura
This project includes education support, a language library, livelihood support, villages infrastructure construction, waste management plan and trees plantation.
- Education support. After a selection process of the students, scholarships were allocated to the eligible students. They attended mentorship programs and they get benefits from follow ups.
- Language library to facilitate English learning. Installation of computers and furniture at the Government 1st grade College.
- Livelihood support. SHG members attended meetings and trainings on EDP. They then got loans to become self-employed.
- Villages infrastructures construction. Roads and drainages construction. Streetlights installation.
- Waste management plan. Creating awareness about the harmful effects of plastic materials. Educating people to use paper covers. Distribution of paper cover at the market.
- Trees plantation. 25 students participated in different types of plantations. Watering and protecting the plants are part of the project as well as environment awareness and waste management.